In the Pacific Time Zone, the Moon will be full at 3:50 a.m. on Wednesday, October 8. With this Full Moon, the Sun in Libra will be in opposition (180°) to the Moon in Aries. To further clarify how this Full Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 16° of Libra and 16° of Aries in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with those two houses are going to be most impacted by this Full Moon’s presence.
Yes, our relationships may have been the focus of the past few weeks, but I hope many of you have benefitted from the recent calm (before the storm). This Full Moon in Aries is a powerhouse, and some of us may experience major turning points in our lives during this time. I will do my best to dissect the complex aspects involved.
As is true of all Full Moons, our job is to find a balance between the two signs involved. With this Full Moon, we have the Moon in Aries and the Sun in Libra. Aries is the sign associated with individualism, bravery, initiating, and independence; whereas Libra is all about cooperation, harmony, diplomacy, and social relationships. Aries asks, “Who am I?” Libra asks, “Who are we?” All Full Moons in Aries will bring to the forefront relationship issues, particularly those that are asking us to find a better balance between “me” and “we.”
But this Full Moon in Aries is also a full Lunar Eclipse, which greatly intensifies its impact. A Full Moon always brings light that illuminates what has been in the shadows, and all eclipses indicate times when we have an opportunity to encounter major life lessons. Eclipses mean that we have graduated in some way and are ready to go to the next level in the areas associated with the Full Moon. This time, it’s our relationships with ourselves and with others that may bring life-changing revelations and shifts in consciousness. If nothing else, it is important now to set your intentions in the areas related to the Full Moon in Aries (e.g., relationships of all kinds, balance between “me” and “we,” the use of finances/resources). The unfolding of these intentions could result in quick or sudden changes, or it may take time . . . all the way through March of 2015 when several powerful aspects will result in a “change or be changed” environment. By setting our intentions now and doing the prep work, we can help the 2015 time period go a lot smoother.
But several other factors are playing a role in making this a pivotal time period for many people:
- The party gets started the day before the Full Moon (Tuesday, October 7) with a potentially explosive opposition (180°) between the Sun and Uranus. This volatile aspect will make many of us feel like we can’t slow down “the train of change.” Everything may feel like it’s moving in high-speed. This aspect can stimulate original thinking and brilliant breakthroughs, but there are a few warnings that will help us navigate these potentially choppy waters. We shouldn’t necessarily take immediate action on any of these new ideas that surface now because Mercury is currently in retrograde. Yes, the powerful energy of the Sun-Uranus opposition may be telling us to move full-steam ahead, and it may feel wonderful to take action. However, given Mercury’s current backwards motion, we may not see some serious problems and prematurely move toward solutions. Mercury retrograde means that many of us need to think before we act because we need time to review, revamp, reconsider, etc., these new insights before moving toward implementation. In addition to carefully considering the consequences of our actions, we also need to be aware of what we say to others. We may find that what feels like a simple statement of our position is received like a verbal bomb that leads to combat rather than reconciliation.
- At the time of this Full Moon and Lunar Eclipse, the Moon is conjunct (0°) both Uranus and the South Node. All are in Aries. This grouping is asking us to be courageous and to be open to changes that allow us to release what is no longer serving us. Additionally, the Sun is conjunct (0°) both Venus and the North Node. All are in Libra. This is gently but firmly pushing us toward relationships that are mutually beneficial and based on equality.
- Additionally, Venus, which is in opposition (180°) to Uranus, is in a tight square (90°) to transformational Pluto; and Pluto is in the ongoing (2012-2015) square (90°) to Uranus in Aries. This forms another of those powerful t-squares (right triangles) that have impacted us all year. Given Uranus represents revolution and Pluto represents evolution, the joining of these two planets with the planet of love (Venus) is further impetus for us to shift from the love of power to the power of love. The square (90°) between Venus and Pluto is asking us to look at where we need to let go of outmoded values to make room for more satisfaction in our lives. But given the presence of Uranus in the mix, we may find ourselves facing some unexpected circumstances involving relationships, the use of resources, and even finances. If we can use this energy to initiate changes rather than waiting for changes to happen to us, we can feel empowered during this transformational time.
- However, there is support right now for the resolution of some long-standing issues due to the presence of a cardinal grand trine. The Moon, Venus, and the North Node in Aries are all trining (120°) Mars in Sagittarius, and they are all trining (120°) Jupiter in Leo. This is forming an equilateral triangle in the sky above us. Cardinal energy always means movement and change, and grand trines always bring free-flowing, supportive energy. Additionally, with the trine between Mars and Jupiter, we will have energy to spare! We may even find we are ready to make some very beneficial changes, particularly within our relationships (personal and/or business). We are being encouraged to bravely and creatively explore new alternatives and forge new understandings regarding what it means to be in relationships with others and with ourselves.
On Friday, October 10, retrograde Mercury moves back into peace-seeking, diplomatic Libra. This is an opportunity to rethink recent conversations and, if appropriate, restate our position from a more objective point of view. Retrograde Mercury in Libra allows us to graciously re-establish equilibrium in our partnerships and resolve any personal issues that might be interfering with harmony in our lives.
The same day (Friday, October 10), a joyful sextile (60°) between the Sun and Jupiter will bring unbounded enthusiasm. This is a good time to make plans for the future and resolve conflicts with others. We will likely feel more self-confident, and rewards may come to us if we can tap into our inner sunshine. However, as stated above, now may not be the best time to take action on any brand new or radical ideas because we may not have a grounded game plan until after Mercury goes direct on October 25.
The opposition (180°) between Venus and Uranus becomes exact on Saturday, October 11, which may have us questioning issues of freedom within our relationships. We may be drawn to unusual things or people. Sudden and unexpected events are possible, such as a last-minute change of plans, a sudden beginning (or ending) to a relationship, or even an unexpected change to your income (either up or down).
A more positive attitude will be ushered in on Tuesday, October 14, due to a sweet sextile (60°) between Venus and Jupiter (which begins about a week of beneficial influences). Given the aspect occurs in the middle of the night, take advantage of this supportive energy by taking a “time out” late on Monday or early on Tuesday to taste the sweetness of life. This is a cooperative, happy aspect, and we will feel more positive and trusting in all of our relationships. Financial endeavors may also receive a boost of positive energy from this influence, but only if they are reasonable and serve the highest good of all involved.
Our energy ramps up again the next day (Wednesday, October 15) due to a sextile (60°) between the Sun and Mars. This aspect encourages action and initiative, and any conflicts can be graciously handled due to increased feelings of self-confidence. We may be able to creatively solve problems and to instinctively take action when necessary. When needed, we can stand up for ourselves and our principles. We may now feel that we are being supported by the people and circumstances in our life.
Retrograde Mercury forms a conjunction (0°) with the Sun on Thursday, October 16. This will help us sharpen our minds and clarify our purposes. Our self-awareness will increase, and we are able to effectively solve problems. Our words have power to them now, so do be aware of what you say or write (both good and not-so-good). It could be a very busy and hectic day, in part because of a sextile (60°) later that day between Mercury and Mars. This will support us in turning words and ideas into action. Our minds will be alert, and we will feel enthusiastic. Today we have an opportunity to be very productive, although we have to consciously take advantage of it.
The next day (Friday, October 17) continues the positive energy due to a conjunction (0°) between Mercury and Venus. This facilitates pleasant conversations. It’s a good day to discuss relationship issues in a clear and intelligent manner, as well as explore how to best use available resources. Business and financial transactions are also supported by this aspect.
Then on Sunday, October 19, be sure to place the focus on fun, fun, fun! A playful sextile (60°) between Venus and Mars emphasizes all forms of relationships, romance, socializing, and enjoying the arts. It’s also a good day to begin or develop a new project. Smoothing over existing relationships will be easier now than it was earlier this month.
Monday, October 20, brings us a sextile (60°) between Mercury and Jupiter. This aspect will likely soften any negative impact from Mercury being in retrograde. Our thinking will be sharp, and the combination of our lower mind (Mercury) and higher mind (Jupiter) will help us broaden our perceptions without losing sight of critical details. Information and ideas will flow easily today, and we can easily balance current reality with future aspirations to find a workable and realistic vision.
In sum, the day of this Full Moon in Aries is filled with complex energies that may have us feeling like we are all over the map emotionally, and many of us will feel a bit “weird” and restless. All of this energy can be positively expressed by opening our minds to new alternatives and perhaps altering our habits to better reflect who we hope to become, particularly within our relationships. Be as flexible as possible and adopt a spirit of adventure, which can produce discoveries that are well worth the effort. Because of the presence of the ongoing square (90°) between Uranus and Pluto, the more open and willing we are to change, the easier and faster we will get to the “real” issues and solutions. Luckily, a series of supportive aspects about a week after the Full Moon will help calm the waters and give us time to regroup. So remember, “In the tapestry of life, we’re all connected. Each one of us is a gift to those around us, helping each other be who we are, weaving a perfect picture together.” (Anita Moorjani)
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE NEW & FULL MOON REPORTS?
If you are not already on our email list, please be sure to join Anne Reith’s Online Community so you are guaranteed to receive her New & Full Moon Reports.
THIS BLOG POST WAS WRITTEN BY
- Anne Reith, Ph.D. (www.AnneReith.com)
INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources (e.g., www.cafeastrology.com)
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
- Full Moon at 16° of Aries
- Wednesday, October 8, 3:50 a.m. PDT
- Wednesday, October 8, 6:50 a.m. EDT
- Wednesday, October 8, 10:50 a.m. GMT