This Full Moon on Tuesday, February 7 finds the Sun in Aquarius in opposition (180°) to the Moon in Leo. To further clarify how this Full Moon in Leo will impact you on a personal level, locate 19° of Aquarius and 19° of Leo in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with those two houses are going to be most affected by this Full Moon’s presence.
This Full Moon in Leo, as do all Full Moons, illuminates how far we have come and what we have to do next. The Moon in Leo seeks the discovery and expression of one’s authentic self. Leo is the sign most associated with the heart . . . representing what we do from love, for love, and with love. The Sun in Aquarius deals with progress and the power of the group mind. This Full Moon reminds us that we must align our heads with our hearts in order to be truly effective. For example, something new and powerful can emerge when we combine the creativity of Leo with the Aquarian ideals of equality and solidarity. The group energy of Aquarius combined with the loving energy of Leo can result in amazingly creative and forward-thinking solutions.
The possible downside of a Leo Full Moon can be disappointment and displeasure if we don’t receive the recognition that we feel we deserve. However, the directive of this lunation is to give more rather than asking for more. If we allow the positive energy of this Full Moon to touch our hearts, this can be a time when our hearts awaken and expand. But it will required that we each find a balance between what our heads and hearts are telling us.
There are many additional astrological events that demand our attention on the same day of the Full Moon and on the days before and after this Full Moon:
- One of those significant events occurs a few days before the Full Moon, on Friday, February 3, when Neptune moves into its own sign of Pisces. Neptune made a short visit to Pisces last year from April 4 to August 4. After a brief return to Aquarius, Neptune will now be moving through Pisces for the next 14 years (until 2025). Although this change will be subtle it will be profound. We will see an increased interest in topics such as art, compassion, and spirituality. We will all feel a longing for transcendence and a desire to connect with the Divine, although how each of us explores this will be unique. All planets (and signs) have a higher and lower expression of that planet’s (or sign’s) energy. The higher expression of Neptune is compassion, spirituality, and unity consciousness. Its lower expression involves illusion, escapism, and having a hard time seeing clearly due to the “fog” of Neptune’s watery energy. As Neptune moves through Pisces, it will support all of us in seeing our inner connectedness and our infinite potential. However, during this time, we can also be more susceptible to charismatic leaders or gurus who convince you that they know the “true path” to transcendence. We all need to do our research and discern who has our best interests at heart. Are they helping you discover and explore our own truths, or are they demanding that we adhere to theirs? Checking in with our inner knowingness will help us know the difference . . . as well exploring what others say about this person or group.
- On the day of the Full Moon, Mercury closely conjoins (0°) the Sun. This highlights the power of shared intentions. Because what we think we manifest. And because the Sun is in Aquarius, we will be supported in pooling our ideas and vision with others, which will exponentially increase the power of the Sun and Mercury in the collaborative, group-oriented energy of Aquarius. Due to several related aspects, it is important now to welcome new information, contribute our talents, and remain open to radical change.
- Again, the same day as the Full Moon, Saturn turns retrograde in Libra. Saturn’s backward motion often softens the energy of this sometimes challenging planet. We may need to pull back and revamp or reorganize structures in our life, and society may need to do the same things. We may also need to do the internal changes necessary for us to take a different type of leadership role in our lives or in our communities.
- And once again, on the same day as the Full Moon, Venus moves out of Pisces and into Aries. For several weeks, we may find that we have an increased interest in meeting new people, a desire for new experiences, and an increased awareness of the importance of self-love. When it comes to going after whatever we desire, we may find ourselves being bold and perhaps a bit impatient.
- On Monday, February 13, Mercury first trines (120°) Saturn, then moves into Pisces several hours later, and then within a few conjoins (0°) Neptune in Pisces. The energy of watery Pisces tends to blur the intellectual boundaries of Mercury and can cause communication to become foggy and unclear. However, the higher expression of Mercury in Pisces is an increase in compassionate ideas and the ability to communicate in tender ways. We may even find that we make a leap that defies logic and provides a spiritual vision that touches the soul.
With all this intellectual, airy Aquarian energy and all of this spiritual, watery Piscean energy swirling around us right now, we are all in conceptually rich territory. We can expand our consciousness during this time and rise above the mundane matters of daily life to catch a glimpse of a larger view of reality. This may require a degree of detachment as we allow minor issues to fade in the bright light of more universal pictures of our place and purpose in the world. This year is when our species will see shifts that illuminate cultural and societal patterns. This can results in waves of idealism, but it is likely to continue to require much needed social changes to support the new social structures that are emerging.
We were born for these times. We came to help create a shift and to make a difference. We are all agents of change, and each one of us holds a unique piece of the cosmic puzzle. We have a singular job that only we can fill. We are all becoming cosmic creators. This Full Moon urges us to be resilient and focused as big waves of change continue to wash over us. Use this Full Moon to take the next step on your path. Use the subtle but incredibly important energy of Neptune in its home sign of Pisces to explore new and powerful ways to connect with Spirit. And remember, “No road is too long for him who advances slowly and does not hurry, and no attainment is beyond his reach who equips himself with patience to achieve it” (Jean de La Bruyère).
REMINDER: New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
Full Moon at 19° of Leo
Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 1:54 p.m. PDT
Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 4:54 p.m. EST
Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 9:54 p.m. GMT
INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
Various online sources