In the Pacific Time Zone (PST), the Moon will be full at 11:17 a.m. on Monday, July 22. With this Full Moon, the Sun in Leo will be in opposition (180°) to the Moon in Aquarius. To further clarify how this Full Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 1° of Leo and 1° of Aquarius in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with those two houses are going to be most impacted by this Full Moon’s presence.
Just hours before this Full Moon, the Sun moved out of Virgo and into the sign of Leo. This Full Moon is located at the very beginning of Leo (1°), which means that we are likely feeling ready to express our personal power and creativity. However, the Moon is also located at the very beginning of Aquarius (1°), which means we are also feeling ready to create new alliances and collaborations.
All Full Moons require balancing two seemingly dissimilar aspects of life. This time, we need to find a way to address the needs of Leo, which wants to be the star of the show, and the needs of Aquarius, which wants to remain in the shadows, working behind the scenes to help create a show that serves the greatest good. So this Full Moon in Aquarius is about finding a balance between our individual hopes (Leo) and our shared dreams (Aquarius). Good questions to ask yourself now include: What do I love? What do I want to change? What fears do I need to face?
However, this Full Moon is supercharged in several ways:
- This Full Moon in Aquarius is the final of three consecutive SuperMoons, when the orbital path of the Moon is closest to the Earth (perigee) and is in greatest alignment with the Sun (syzygy). By increasing the gravitational pulls on both Mother Earth and all of her inhabitants, this SuperMoon intensifies the power of an already incredibly powerful Full Moon!
- Two days before the Full Moon (Saturday, July 20), Mercury ends its retrograde phase and begins moving direct again. Over the next few days, it is likely we will all see a gradual increase in both the quantity and quality of communication. We will begin to feel ready to take action (or at least talk about) those issues we’ve been rethinking, revising, revamping, and reconsidering during the past three or so weeks. And because Mars trines (120°) both Saturn and Neptune on the same day that Mercury turns direct, our thoughts, words, and actions are likely to be elegant, efficient, and a major signal to start taking action to turn our big plans and dreams into reality.
- At the time of the Full Moon, Saturn squares (90°) the Sun and Moon. Squares are tough energetically. They point to what needs to be changed in order to continue on our path. With Saturn squaring both the Sun and Moon, we are being encouraged (dare I even say forced?) to redefine our priorities. We may face delays in our creative projects while obstacles are removed or resources are found to make progress possible. We are being held fully accountable for our decisions and our actions, and we will each need to make some tough choices. If our true responsibilities are ignored, the results can be disastrous later on, which is why this astrological configuration between the Sun, Moon, and Saturn is best reframed as an “opportunity” for change.
- As was mentioned in the last Moon Update, a rare water grand trine (equilateral triangle) between Jupiter, Saturn, and Neptune has been influencing us for the last few weeks and will continue to impact us through at least the end of this month and into the first part of August. This configuration is powerful! It peaks between July 17-19, and you can read more about it here: NEW MOON IN CANCER-How to effectively use the rare water grand trine of 2013.
- Then on Saturday, July 20, the power of the water grand trine heightens when one planet in the equilateral triangle (i.e., Jupiter) conjoins (0°) Mars. The blending of Mars and Jupiter is like adding a power pack to the grand trine. It will provide energy, courage, and enthusiasm. We are very likely going to feel an increased sense of confidence and a readiness to take action. When combined with Saturn’s practical focus and Neptune’s ideals, this Mars-Jupiter pairing offers a wonderful jumpstart for linking up with like-minded others and sharing ideas, talents, and resources for social change. It is an excellent reminder that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Together we are exponentially more powerful when we work together.
- And finally, on the same day as the Full Moon, Venus leaves insecure Cancer and moves into picky Virgo. If we allow it, fussiness and excessive worry can get in the way of fun. However, one of the positive attributes of this placement is that our ability to pay attention to what we value can help us clean up any monetary or relationship issues. We are also more able to now express our love through practical means (e.g., running errands). We also will want our relationships and recreation to make sense.
Later in the month, several checkpoints along our spiritual path are provided to make sure that our dreams are based in reality, which is done to help us actually see our dreams manifest and come to fruition:
· On Saturday, July 27, the Sun will form an exact square (90°) to Saturn. As mentioned above, squares can be challenging. They mark turning points and times when change is needed in order to move forward. This specific square can be a productive influence if we can flow with the need for restraint and preparation. It can help us to see how we can shine our personal light and express our life’s purpose in responsible ways.
· From July 27-31, Mars will square (90°) both Uranus and Pluto, forming a potent t-square configuration (right triangle). This will very likely bring long-standing issues to a head. At this time, it is very important that we curb any tendency to jump to conclusions, act aggressively, or engage in unnecessary power struggles. Instead, we need to pick our battles carefully and use the influence of this t-square to identify any of our needs that aren’t being met. We need to think outside the box and look for win-win solutions. For those who become easily frustrated or distracted, this can be a frustrating time. But for those who are fully committed to their projects and willing to work hard, this t-square can provide you with the strength to narrow your focus even further so success is more likely.
Overall, this very powerful Full Moon in Aquarius is asking us to find a balance between self-interest and collective concerns. Due to the square (90°) to Saturn at the time of this Full Moon, we need to rein in any excess and use patience to determine the best ways to utilize our resources. But the rare water grand trine occurring this month is going to provide us all with wonderful resources, such as creativity, intuition, and empathy. It is important to see the benefits of the “reality checks” that occur later in the month . . . they are provided as a way to help us separate fantasy from fiction. And remember: “When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid” (Audre Lorde).
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
- Full Moon at 1° of Aquarius
- Monday, July 22, 2013, at 11:17 a.m. PDT
- Monday, July 22, 2013, at 2:17 p.m. EST
- Monday, July 22, 2013, at 6:17 p.m. GMT
INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources
- Anne’s interpretations