In the Pacific Time Zone, the Moon will be full at 2:44 p.m. on Wednesday, November 25. With this Full Moon, the Sun in Sagittarius will be in opposition (180°) to the Moon in Gemini. To further clarify how this Full Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 4° of Sagittarius and 4° of Gemini in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with those two houses are going to be most impacted by this Full Moon’s presence.
All Full Moons are times when the light shines brightly on the two signs involved. With this Gemini Full Moon, our attention is drawn to the signs of Gemini and Sagittarius. Gemini’s focus is on gathering information (e.g., learning, research) and disseminating it to others (e.g., talking, teaching). Sag, on the other hand, wants to take all this information and integrate it into unifying principles, ethics, values, and meaning. The two signs also differ in “personality.” Whereas Gemini’s energy is often described as outgoing, talkative, optimistic, and unemotional, Sagittarius is enthusiastic, adventurous, straightforward, and even blunt.
However, this Full Moon in Gemini cannot be interpreted without taking into consideration two important astrological events occurring at this time:
- The most important astrological event is Saturn making its first of three exact squares (90°) to Neptune the day after the Full Moon (Thursday, November 26), with the other two squares occurring on June 17 and September 10, 2016. These three squares are a big deal! Each of them will influence us for several weeks before and after the actual event. Therefore, many of us may have already been feeling its influence since the beginning of the month (and will continue to do so through mid-December). Squares are often associated with “turning point” in our lives, and we often find we need to reorient ourselves and release something. With Saturn involved, it’s likely we need to take a serious look at what is no longer providing us with a firm foundation or supports our long-term growth. Given this is the first of the three squares, this one may involve a major “wake-up call” that pops unrealistic bubbles. With Saturn-Neptune squares, we are being asked to determine the difference between what is real and what is an illusion. Our goal is to manifest our essence in a concrete way on the Earth plane. To determine the correct course of action for ourselves, we need to use our intuition and inner guidance rather than rely on external authority or convention. We need to become our own spiritual authority, which may involve experiencing events that force us to break through any denial about how we have been consciously or unconsciously abdicating our power to someone else. In order to successfully navigate these Saturn-Neptune squares, we will need to (a) find new ways to live a life of integrity, vision, and pragmatism and (b) let go of the lower expression of Neptune’s energy (e.g., denial, victimization, martyrdom, illusions, addictions, fears, blame, guilt). For some, these squares may involve experiencing a “dark night of the soul.” If this happens, please do your best to remember that any pain we are experiencing has a purpose; it is designed to promote growth where there may have been denial or stagnation, which will lead us to a new level of understanding. What will help now is making time for meditation, visualization, spiritual practices, environments surrounded by spiritually-minded others, and time in nature. Developing a stronger sense of faith will help us overcome our fears.
- During the time of the Full Moon, Mercury will further activate the Saturn-Neptune square by conjoining (0°) Saturn and squaring (90°) Neptune. Neptune will pull our thoughts into the ethers, so this will test our ability to remain focused. Given this is all happening during what is the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States, we need to do whatever will help us stay realistic (Saturn) and connected to our intuition (Neptune). This will be important all the way through the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
For those living in the United States, we may be having increased social contacts in preparation for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. Unfortunately, on Monday, November 23, an opposition (180°) between Venus and Uranus may shake things up. There may be conflicts between the desire for freedom and the need for closeness within our relationships. Last minute changes in plans may occur, and unexpected financial issues may crop up. We can work with this often disruptive energy by being open to trying new experiences that are designed to help us grow. Luckily, a sweet sextile (60°) between Mars and Saturn late in the day will make sure that those new experiences are sensible and will lead to long-term stability.
However, the very next day (Tuesday, November 24), the square (90°) between Mercury and Neptune is exact, which could make our thinking a bit muddled. The experimentation of yesterday may continue today, but it may be more unrealistic. Many of us will be inclined to ignore facts and not follow directions. Experimentation is fine, but given this influence, it is best to wait until at least tomorrow before making any commitments or formalizing any agreements.
Then on Friday, November 27, Chiron stops its 5-month retrograde phase and begins moving direct again. While in retrograde, our inner wounds were being worked on at an unconscious level. The direct motion of Chiron will slowly bring those wounds to the forefront of our awareness so we can move toward wholeness. Given Chiron is in Pisces, it is important for us to find ways to release any pent up emotions. The “worst” thing we can do is deny or resist any painful feelings. We need to use our emotions as a guidance system, with negative emotions telling us what is not longer valid for who we are becoming and positive feelings leading us toward what will bring us growth, health, and happiness. For the next 7 months while Chiron is moving direct, we need to provide ourselves with unconditional love and trust in Divine Order and the Divine Timing.
At the tail end of what is the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S. (Sunday, November 29), we will experience further activation of the Saturn-Neptune square (see discussion above) when the Sun squares (90°) Neptune and conjoins (0°) Saturn. This could mean that today is a “reality check” that dispels illusions and may leave us feeling disoriented and confused. There are many ways this could manifest:
- If we are feeling fearful or confused, it may help to look at ways in which we can convert our imagination into concrete form.
- If we’ve recently been taking some time off or have been avoiding responsibilities, this is when we need to “put our nose to the grindstone.” Don’t start anything new; just focus on projects that have already been started and need our attention. Use self-restraint and take time away from others if you are feeling cranky.
- If we have been too serious lately, it may be helpful to take some time off, play a bit more, rest, and/or engage in activities that support us in recharging our batteries by connecting with our spiritual core.
Overall, it’s easy to feel discouraged or sorry for ourselves today. Instead, we need to do whatever will help us take care of ourselves, because “this too shall pass.”
The month starts off in a nice way when Mercury trines (120°) Uranus on Tuesday, December 1. Our intuition is heightened, and truly brilliant ideas may seem to come to us “out of the blue.” It’s a good day to be involved in group activities. However, a square (90°) between Mercury and Chiron the same day could cause communication to be strained or possibly even hurtful. Misunderstandings can result, and decisions may be hard to come by due to self-doubt. Luckily, Mercury is in good-natured Sagittarius right now, which could help us adjust more easily to detours or unexpected changes in plans by seeing the humor in even the most challenging of situations.
On Friday, December 4, Mercury will square (90°) Jupiter, which could cause our minds and our mouths to be going 150 miles per hour in a 55 mile per hour zone. Unless we are careful, we could miss important details, and we need to avoid any tendency toward exaggeration because it could lead to later disappointments. Although something may seem very realistic today, we may be jumping to conclusions. It is best to wait a day or two when our heads are clearer and we can think things through.
Later that same day (Friday, December 4), Venus leaves Libra and enters the sign of Scorpio, where it will stay until December 31. This 25-day stay straddles what is the “holiday season” in many cultures/religious groups, which means more time typically spent with family and friends. Venus in Scorpio means that we want to explore our relationships more deeply, and we will crave soulful, passionate, intense contact with others. Many of us will likely find “superficial chit-chat” annoying. However, we also need to be careful not to be consumed by our relationships or dive deeply into a new relationship based on blind faith. Emotions will be running high, and we may, in retrospect, be concerned (even fearful) that we’ve been too vulnerable or given up our power to someone else (or a group). It’s best to “go slow” and check to make sure we are only sharing with people who are safe.
A few days later on Sunday, December 6, a sextile (60°) between the Sun and Mercury may have us feeling very open about expressing our thoughts and opinions because we are very sure that we are “right.” The problem is that expressing our opinions could be done in such a way that communicates that we are “right” and someone else is, therefore, “wrong.” Normally, any misunderstandings can be worked through by clarifying our position. However, a square (90°) between Mars and Pluto the same day could leave all of us more sensitive than usual to anything that causes us to feel out of control or disempowered. Given the lower expression of Mars can be aggression and Pluto is associated with power, anything that is not communicated with great care could result in power struggles. If we are feeling powerful emotions today, it is best to postpone any needed confrontations for another day.
Overall, with this Full Moon in Gemini, we may find that facts and theory clash. We may need to let go of how we think things should be and accept that ambiguity and uncertainty are part of life. Whenever we experience a Full Moon in Gemini, what we believe is often “put to the test.” And given the strong influence of the Saturn-Neptune square, we will need to use our intuition to determine how best to create a solid foundation in our lives. So remember, “Intuition is your soul’s GPS, and it will tell you the right & wrong turns that you are taking. If you are listening.” (James Van Praagh)
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE NEW & FULL MOON REPORTS?
If you are not already on our email list, please be sure to join Anne Reith’s Online Community so you are guaranteed to receive her New & Full Moon Reports.
THIS BLOG POST WAS WRITTEN BY
- Anne Reith, Ph.D. (AnneReith.com)
- For information about Dr. Reith’s downloadable ebooks and meditations, feel free to visit her online Store
SOME INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources (e.g., www.cafeastrology.com)
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
Full Moon at 4° of Gemini
- Wednesday, November 25, 2:44 p.m. PST
- Wednesday, November 25, 5:44 p.m. EST
- Wednesday, November 25, 10:44 p.m. GMT