In the Pacific Time Zone (PST), the Moon will be full at 4:13 a.m. on Thursday, September 19. With this Full Moon, the Sun in Virgo will be in opposition (180°) to the Moon in Pisces. To further clarify how this Full Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 27° of Virgo and 27° of Pisces in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with those two houses are going to be most impacted by this Full Moon’s presence.
During Full Moons, it often feels like your emotions are amplified. This is particularly true with the Pisces Full Moon. The emotions could go either way. We may find that we shed tears of despair, but they could just as likely be tears of joy. But as with all Full Moons, this Full Moon in Pisces is best navigated by finding balance between the two signs involved. Virgo is the sign of analysis and logic. It corresponds to the physical world that we live in. Pisces is the sign of intuition and mysticism. It corresponds to spiritual transcendence. Although the presence of Virgo can sometimes feel like a damper on your emotional party, its presence during this time will help you understand the emotions that come to the surface. Don’t overanalyze, but don’t ignore the help that Virgo can bring. Virgo is also the sign of healing, and its presence can help you heal whatever emotional issues may need to be dealt with at this time.
This Virgo-Pisces polarity is sometimes referred to as “the service axis.” It deals with the balance between (a) physical health, our day-to-day functions and routines, and the need for order (Virgo), and (b) spiritual health, transcendence, and the infinite (Pisces). Virgo rules the personal set of tools and techniques that we use to deal with our day-to-day life, while Pisces rules the tools that we use to deal with our spirituality. The key to balance lies in identifying and expressing our spiritual needs, while maintaining order in our everyday lives. Neglecting either end of the axis will surely backfire . . . we would either be living in utter chaos or in excessive order.
So we are now being asked to infuse logic with empathy, discernment with compassion, and physical reality with divine perception. This Full Moon helps us to see the big picture . . . that we are far more than our physical bodies. And yet, it also reminds us that we are souls who chose to come here to use our physical bodies to learn, grow, and experience.
The power of this Full Moon is greatly amplified by several factors:
- The day before the Full Moon (Wednesday, September 18), both Venus and Saturn are sextile (60°) Pluto and conjunct (0°) the North Node (and therefore are in opposition to the South Node). We may become astutely aware of our limitations, even in the face of huge accomplishments. But through deep analysis, we may become aware that we are in some way judging ourselves and others too harshly. We may have to hit bottom, but that always means that we are on our way up. We are being offered an opportunity to change our perceptions regarding self-worth, relationships, finances, and power. During this time, we need to continually remind ourselves that the power of love is always greater than the love of power.
- On the same day as the Full Moon (Thursday, September 19), there is a challenging square (90°) between Mercury and Jupiter. Staying calm is essential now. We may feel that minor worries have become major concerns. However, for those willing to listen and tune in, there will be a plethora of information available to you that will help you sort through anything that needs your attention.
- Saturn makes its third of three sextiles (60) to Pluto on Friday, September 20, with the previous sextiles occurring on December 26, 2012 and March 8, 2013. As we have discussed before, this is a time when issues related to responsibility, leadership, and ambition will be in the forefront of our lives. And because Saturn and Pluto are in mutual reception (i.e., each located in the sign that the other rules), the impact of this positive pairing is amplified. The power of Pluto is now combined with the discipline of Saturn to harmoniously support us in using this final sextile to transform ourselves and the world around us in responsible ways.
- Our readiness to let go of old patterns and limitations is further stimulated when Pluto stops its retrograde motion and begins moving direct again on the same day (Friday, September 20). Pluto has been in retrograde for seven months, and it’s forward motion often signals a time when we will gradually but decidedly take a big step forward. While in retrograde, we were being encouraged (even forced) to acknowledge what really was motivating us (e.g., love?, fear?). Now, as Pluto begins moving forward again, we need to confront any remaining fears so we can discover the hidden gifts and strengths that we didn’t know we had. We will likely find that we are being asked to invest more deeply in both personal pleasure and public authority.
Sunday, September 22, signals the Sun’s movement into Libra, which marks the autumnal equinox in the Northern Hemisphere and the spring equinox in the Southern Hemisphere. Equinox and solstice points are super potent times when setting intentions can be very powerful. For millennia, these special moments in the orbit of celestial bodies have been considered energy gateways, where we experience the interrelationship between inner and outer, light and dark, spirit and matter. So to have this shift occur so close to the Full Moon in Pisces and Pluto’s change in direction . . . well . . . we may find that it is futile to resist meaningful movement forward. In fact, we may discover that we are irresistibly drawn to initiate new contracts or projects.
Then on Sunday, September 29, Mercury moves into Scorpio for a 3-week stay. During this time, all our thoughts and communication are likely to take on a probing and intense quality. We look for the motivations behind actions, and we may even find that our thoughts are more profound. We prefer deep conversations over superficial ones, and our thinking may become more focused (even obsessive?) at times. And given all the winds of change blowing, many of our thoughts and conversations will be intense!
This Full Moon is reminding us that we are spiritual beings having a physical experience, but we are also physical beings that benefit from remembering our spiritual essence. Both perceptions are important now. Given all the planetary activity at the time of the Full Moon, our Piscean nature (emotions!) may be more dominant, and we need to consciously use the earthy energy of Virgo to provide us with outlets for our feelings and organizations in our physical environments. And if you are beginning to feel the earth move underneath you (metaphorically speaking), stay calm! Change is coming, and we all need to remember that change is essential to growth. In the meantime, remember that, “Only in growth, reform, and change, paradoxically enough, is true security to be found” (Anne Morrow Lindbergh).
A FINAL NOTE: Without going into a lot of detail here, there are some astrological events coming up in early October and continuing through early November that are very likely going to “rock our worlds.” For those sensitive to energy, you may already be feeling the energies shifting . . . a feeling of anticipation . . . of something coming but you can’t quite put your finger on it yet. But even those who aren’t as sensitive to energy, you may begin to feel the winds of change ruffling the curtains on the windows of your psyches (and your homes/offices) toward the end of September. The Sun may be in Libra, but maintaining our balance now may be challenging. So be sure to read the New Moon in Libra Report coming out in about 2 weeks in order to learn more!
WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE NEW & FULL MOON REPORTS?
If you are not already on our email list, please be sure to join Anne’s Online Community so you are guaranteed to receive her New & Full Moon Reports.
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
- Full Moon at 27° of Pisces
- Thursday, September 19, 2013, at 4:13 a.m. PDT
- Thursday, September 19, 2013, at 7:13 a.m. EST
- Thursday, September 19, 2013, at 11:13 a.m. GMT
INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources
- Anne’s interpretations