In the Pacific Time Zone (PST), the Moon will be full at 9:26 p.m. on Friday, May 24. With this Full Moon, the Sun in Gemini will be in opposition (180°) to the Moon in Sagittarius. To further clarify how this Full Moon in Sagittarius will impact you on a personal level, locate 5° of Gemini and 5° of Sagittarius in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with those two houses are going to be most impacted by this Full Moon’s presence.
For several reasons, this Full Moon is one of the most potent Full Moons of 2013! It offers us opportunities for big breakthroughs and major shifts in consciousness. Why?
· This Full Moon is also a SuperMoon, which is when the Moon is closest to the Earth and in a straight line with the Sun and Earth. This increases the gravitational and electromagnetic pulls on the Earth and on our psyches. During this time, we can see changes in how we perceive reality.
· This Full Moon in Sagittarius marks the third in a series of three eclipses. During each eclipse, we are given the opportunity to “upgrade” our levels of consciousness. Often we will begin to see things in new ways, and this is due to our ability to access information coming from higher dimensions. Important endings and beginnings may occur now, and in many different areas of our life.
· This Full Moon is happening during the time of the third of seven Uranus-Pluto squares (90°), which will continue to influence us into 2015. The square is exact on Monday, May 20, but its influence will be felt for many days before and after this. As discussed in my blog post NEW MOON IN GEMINI-The beginning of the most significant planetary influence in a generation, this powerful square greatly amplifies our drive for acts of freedom (Uranus in Aries) that lead to reform of structures (Pluto in Capricorn). We are undergoing a significant change that will take time to coalesce. But as we near the midpoint in the sequence of seven squares, we may begin to gain a clearer picture of the next stage in our own and in humanity’s evolution.
This Full Moon in Sagittarius highlights the signs of Gemini and Sagittarius. As is the case with all Full Moons, our challenge is not to focus on one sign at the exclusion of the other but, instead, to find balance between the two. All signs have higher and lower expressions, and it’s up to us to choose the qualities we want to explore now. Gemini is a mutable air sign that is best described as communicative, flexible, optimistic, and loves to learn. At its worst, Gemini can be scattered, impatient, indecisive, and too talkative. Sagittarius, on the other hand, is a mutable fire sign that is best described as straightforward, generous, enthusiastic, ethical, and adventurous. At its worse, Sag can be tactless, pushy, and self-indulgent.
Another reason this Full Moon is so powerful is because the Sun and Moon are in a tight square (90°) to Neptune, forming a configuration called a T-square. Although this alignment can bring a much-needed opportunity for relaxation, the lower expression of this configuration is the risk of becoming so relaxed that you are easily distracted from your goals, expressing words, or taking actions that could undermine your credibility. However, the higher expression of this powerful configuration helps us all awaken to new levels of intuitive ability, which will help us recognize the “truth” in what we are being told or presented. We may have visions that lift us above issues of the moment and broaden our worldview. Yes, the presence of Neptune always indicates a risk of getting lost in the fog of illusion; however, this powerful T-square will more than likely inspire new dreams, ideals, and imagination.
Other astrological events make this Full Moon a time when we will very likely see changes occurring in many areas of our lives:
· At the time of the Full Moon (Friday, May 24), Mercury and Venus conjoin (0°) to help us link our head and our logic (Mercury) with our heart and our intuition (Venus). Conversations are filled with sweet, loving energy now. Even difficult conversations will go more smoothly than expected due to the gracious alignment of Venus with Mercury.
· Then, Jupiter conjoins (0°) Mercury and then Venus on Monday, May 27, and Tuesday, May 28, respectively. Once again, conversations (and our relationships in general) should go well and have a bubbly, effervescent, hopeful quality to them. We may see new relationships forming, or we may discover a new source of income. Also, we may see an influx of information coming our way . . . even information that we’ve been seeking for a long time may be drawn to us now.
· On Friday, May 31, Mercury moves out of its comfortable home sign of Gemini and into cautious Cancer. Mercury usually moves into a different sign every 2-3 weeks. However, due to Mercury going retrograde in Cancer on June 26 (through July 19), it will be located in this sign for a little over 2 months (until August 9). During this time, our thoughts will likely become imbued with emotions, and we may find that our nonverbal communication is more important than our verbal communication. Our focus will be on our family (as we define it), and our thoughts will also tend to have an ongoing undercurrent of safety and security needs.
· And on the same day (Friday, May 31), Mars moves out of grounded Taurus and into airy Gemini, where it will remain until mid-July. Our actions may feel scattered now, and we may feel trapped if we are asked to make firm commitments. During the next 6 weeks or so, we need to be flexible. However, we also need to be sure we don’t become so unfocused that we lose sight of our goals.
· Then on Sunday, June 2, Venus follows Mercury into sentimental Cancer for a 3.5 week stay. The lower expression of Venus in Cancer is insecurity in our relationships and overly sensitive feelings. However, the higher expression of this transit is the ability to more easily connect with our inner world of feelings from which we can derive pleasure and a richer sense of self-worth. We also will find that our hearts are drawn to the past, and it’s up to us whether we escape into the past or use this focus for the healing of our wounded hearts.
· Finally, on Monday, June 3, we get a little preview of something wonderful coming our way in mid-July . . . a grand trine configuration in water signs. This water grand trine is fleeting; but the one in mid-July will last longer. This grand trine is formed by Mercury trining (120°) Neptune and then trining (120°) Saturn. This easy flow of energy brings a dose of emotional intelligence to our lives that will aid in any delicate conversations. Even difficult negotiations will include gentle words and sensitivity to others’ feelings. Also, at this time, creative ideas may begin to form that get “fleshed out” during the mid-July water grand trine.
Overall, this Full Moon is presenting all of us with a wonderful opportunity to move to the next level. Where in your life are you ready to leave behind what no longer serves you? Where are you ready to take bold steps? Use this Full Moon in Sagittarius and T-square to Neptune, as well as the SuperMoon, the lunar eclipse, and the third of seven squares (90°) between Uranus and Pluto to make changes in both the internal and external structures of your life so you can move to the next level of consciousness. Cut through the influx of information coming your way by focusing on what feels right. Remember, “Feeling is the language of the soul. If you want to know what’s true for you about something, look to how you’re feeling about it.” (Neale Donald Walsch)
New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
Full Moon at 5° of Sagittarius
Friday, May 24, 2013, at 9:26 p.m. PDT
Saturday, May 25, 2013, at 12:26 a.m. EST
Saturday, May 25, 2013, at 4:26 a.m. GMT
INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
Various online sources