In the Pacific Time Zone, the Moon will be full at 10:05 a.m. on Thursday, March 5. With this Full Moon, the Sun in Pisces will be in opposition (180°) to the Moon in Virgo. To further clarify how this Full Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 15° of Pisces and 15° of Virgo in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with those two houses are going to be most impacted by this Full Moon’s presence.
With Full Moons, the Sun and Moon are opposite each other, which requires that we find a balance between the qualities of the two signs involved. All signs that oppose each other are actually related, and the Virgo-Pisces axis is about how we perceive the world around us. Virgo focuses on the material world and is analytical, methodical, and linear. Pisces focuses on the spiritual realm and is intuitive, emotional, and non-linear. Although each of us may feel more comfortable with one or the other approach, neither is “better” than another. And this Full Moon is encouraging us to recognize the inherent power in using both in order to make better decisions.
At the time of the Full Moon, Pluto is trine (120°) to the Moon and sextile (60°) to the Sun. This very supportive placement of Pluto could help us discover resources that we didn’t know we had and transform seeming losses into gains. As Kenny Rogers sings, it’s important to “know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em.” Now may be a time when we can more clearly see into the darkness and discover which decisions are worth making and which are best not acted upon. We may also see some relationships deepen and perhaps bonds will be strengthened. On the other hand, those partnerships that have outlived their usefulness may easily drift away around the time of the Full Moon.
This Full Moon cannot be discussed without mentioning the seventh and final square (90°) between Uranus and Pluto. It doesn’t become exact until Monday, March 16, but we will be feeling the effects throughout the month of March. (NOTE: We have been feeling the impact of this powerful alignment, to varying degrees, since 2012, and we will continue to experience the fallout for many months, and perhaps years to come.) This final square is significant. It’s a “last chance” for the Universe to support us (push us?) into making needed changes . . . or solidifying changes that have already started. Uranus in Aires is about individualism, freedom, and personal responsibility. Pluto in Capricorn is about structure, power, and the role of the larger groups in managing the individual. Both are important; for example, we need to find a way to express our individual freedom within a larger context of familial, institutional, societal, and/or governmental controls. Many of us may feel like the last 2.5 years have included a lot of chaotic change and “destruction” (hallmarks of Uranus and Pluto energy, respectively). However, in retrospect we will see that this was the beginning of a highly transformational time when many phoenixes will rise from the ashes.
Several aspects occurring right around the time of the Full Moon support us in using the revolutionary energy of Uranus and the transformative power of Pluto to make radical changes in our lives and in the world around us.
- On Tuesday, March 3, Jupiter forms its second of three trines (120°) with Uranus. The first occurred on September 25, 2014, and the final trine will occur on June 22. 2015. This wonderful, free-flowing energy will provide us with a mixture of courage, creativity, and the ability to see the big picture. The astrologer Jeff Jawer describes this energy as “lightning from the gods to open our minds with electrifying ideas.” We could see major improvements in various areas of our lives. Breakthroughs are possible that lead to solutions to long-standing problems.
- The next day (Wednesday, March 4), Venus trines (120°) Jupiter, conjoins (0°) Uranus, and squares (90°) Pluto. Venus, Mars, and Uranus are all in the fiery sign of Aries, which may have some of us feeling like we want to break away from routine and have a party! But with Venus in Aries being the focus of so many aspects, this means that our relationships and finances will likely take center stage. The Uranus energy may bring some unexpected events, but jovial Jupiter will likely keep things light and airy, as long as we are willing to face any dark truths that Pluto’s presence may bring into focus. Anytime Venus squares Pluto, we may have to face some fears within our relationships or financial situations, but facing these issues is the only way out of the darkness and into the light. All this occurs the day before the Full Moon, which is a good thing because all this energy may be better managed by the use of logic (Virgo) and sensitivity (Pisces).
- Then on Saturday, March 7, the Sun will exactly conjoin (0) Chiron. This will help us comprehend things in a new light by helping us look at where our wounds may be hampering our progress on our life path. We are being given a dose of courage to make needed changes, although our initial attempts at new behavior may be a little rough around the edges. Psychological issues such as co-dependency, addiction, and/or low self-esteem will need to be explored in order to move forward in a healthy direction. This may best be done with a guide (e.g., teacher, counselor, coach) who can hold your hand during your healing process.
On Monday, March 9, Mars will trine (120°) Jupiter. This wonderful connection will bring happiness, enthusiasm, and optimism that can help us believe in our ability to climb the highest mountains. Mars brings the energy to the party, and Jupiter encourages everyone to see the big picture. Creative change and even heroic acts are possible.
On Wednesday, March 11, Mars will be conjunct (0°) Uranus and square (90°) Pluto. Mars is about immediate action, Uranus wants change at all costs, and Pluto is willing to transform energy in order to heal. Tempers could flare with these volatile combinations. Anything that requires us to follow the rules will likely be met with resistance or even rebellion, and expecting compromises now will likely lead to frustration and disappointment. In order to avoid having minor disagreements turn into World War III, it will be important to be flexible and adaptable. And if something does erupt, then keep in mind that it is likely that resentments have been building for some time and it’s best to get issues out into the open rather than let something fester.
The next day (Thursday, March 12), sees Mercury moving out of forward thinking Aquarius and into the often mentally murky waters of Pisces, where it will remain until April 1. Usually Mercury in Pisces would bring an increase in compassionate words, but with so many planets in fiery Aries, it could be a stretch for Mercury to keep a sane tongue. However, our thinking processes will be highly intuitive, our focus will be on our spirituality, and our creativity may be enhanced.
Saturn begins its annual retrograde phase on Saturday, March 14, and won’t turn direct again on August 1. For the next few months, our attention will be focused inward to reevaluate the structures in our lives. This may result in deciding to move away from the “rules” that have been placed on us by our family, religious groups, or society. This is an important time when foundations are solidified which will support the changes that will be happening later this year. And given this occurs two days before the final Uranus-Pluto square, we are being reminded that true change always begins within.
Finally, on Monday, March 16, not only do we see the final exact square (90°) between Uranus and Pluto (see previous discussion), but Mercury will also square (90°) Saturn. We may find that we are ready to do some serious thinking about the changes going on our lives and in the world around us. We will want to create some mental order out of the chaos that has been swirling around us; however, with Mercury in emotional Pisces, our emotional reaction to these changes will need to be taken into consideration. Patience is always key during Saturn retrograde periods because we may act in new ways that seem out of character to those around us.
Overall, this Full Moon in Virgo, which occurs under the influence of the final of seven squares between Uranus and Pluto, is asking us to use both our analytical abilities (Virgo) and our intuition (Pisces) to see things differently. Once we have a change in perception, then we can make different choices. We have all we need to be courageous and use our power wisely. Now is a good time to remember that, “Sometimes our lives have to be completely shaken up, changed, and rearranged to relocate us to the place we’re meant to be” (Unknown).
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE NEW & FULL MOON REPORTS?
If you are not already on our email list, please be sure to join Anne Reith’s Online Community so you are guaranteed to receive her New & Full Moon Reports.
THIS BLOG POST WAS WRITTEN BY
- Anne Reith, Ph.D. (AnneReith.com)
- For information about Dr. Reith’s downloadable ebooks and meditations, feel free to visit her online Store
SOME INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources (e.g., www.cafeastrology.com)
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
- Full Moon at 15° of Leo
- Thursday, March 5, 10:05 a.m. PST
- Thursday, March 5, 1:05 p.m. EST
- Thursday, March 5, 6:05 p.m. GMT