This month’s New Moon, which is at its peak on Tuesday, June 19, finds both the Moon and Sun in conjunction (0°) at 29° of Gemini. To further clarify how this New Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 29° of Gemini in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with that house are going to be the most affected by this New Moon’s presence.
Last month, on Sunday, May 20, there was a New Moon in Gemini, and this month’s New Moon is a second New Moon in Gemini. It is rare to have two consecutive New Moons in the same sign. This means that the Universe is saying “Hey, this is important! We are giving you a second chance to really hear this message!”
All New Moons signify a new emotional cycle and provide us with an opportunity to reset our goals and intentions. Gemini’s energy is all about thinking, communicating, and all-things intellectual. As we discussed in the last New Moon in Gemini, we are being given the opportunity to truly understand how powerful our thoughts, mental focus, and words can be.
Without making this Moon Update a lecture on a different topic, the Law of Attraction is what this New Moon in Gemini is all about. It’s about understanding that what we think about is what we often manifest in our experience. It is critically important that we all learn to focus our thoughts on what we want and not on what we don’t want. For example, if you focus on what isn’t working in a relationship or a situation, then you will get more of what isn’t working. However, if you focus on what you appreciate and value about the relationship or situation, you will get more of the same. That is what this second New Moon in Gemini is trying to teach us. And as many of you are experiencing, the gap of time between what we think and what we manifest is becoming shorter and shorter.
In addition to being a rare second Gemini New Moon, this New Moon is also the third in a series of three extra-powerful lunar events. As mentioned above, the first was the New Moon in Gemini on May 20, and that New Moon was also a Solar Eclipse. The second event was the following Full Moon in Sagittarius, which was also a Lunar Eclipse. And the third event is this second consecutive New Moon in Gemini. And this New Moon occurs the day before the Solstice on Wednesday, June 20, which often ushers in an important turning point for individuals and societies. But in addition to this, there is an extremely important aspect occurring now, and several planets are changing signs or direction around the time of this New Moon.
- A few days before this New Moon in Gemini, Jupiter moved into the sign of Gemini on Monday, June 11. It will remain in this sign for about one year, where it will generate new connections, new truths, and new possibilities in communication, education, and cross-cultural exchange. The gift of Jupiter in Gemini is expansion and optimism. Additionally, it will be a wonderful time for teaching, writing, research, learning, and communication of all kinds. But it is also a time when you need to be careful about what information you are exposed to because our eagerness to learn and be open to all communication means that our filters may not be working as well. Be sure that all teachers (written or oral) are coming from a place of integrity and compassion.
- On Tuesday, June 19, Saturn and Neptune are both trine (120°) the New Moon in Gemini. These supportive aspects will help build a new bridges between the real (Saturn) and the ideal (Neptune). Saturn’s presence will help use sort through Neptune’s diverse ideas, impulses, and habits to decide where to invest our energy. This harmonious blending of grounded Saturn and spiritual Neptune with the New Moon could help make inspired (i.e., in-Spirit) dreams come true.
- Then on Sunday, June 24, we will experience the first of seven exact squares (90°) between Uranus, the planet of revolution and awakenings, and Pluto, the planet of deep transformational forces. These seven exact squares will occur over a series of years, ending in 2015. This is such a powerful aspect that there are those who describe it as the most significant and most challenging planetary influence in a generation. During the time of these seven exact squares, it is likely that nothing less than a spiritual revolution will take place . . . a radical shift in consciousness that will resolve many global issues and that will help us find solutions to many personal dilemmas. However, active liberation (Uranus in Aries) will only come through radical transformation of structures (Pluto in Capricorn). Relationships, institutions, and anything that is not aligned with the highest good for all concerned will be challenged to either evolve or dissolve. Each square is a slow moving aspect that will be felt for up to a week before and a week after the actual event. It may be experienced as unexpected disruptions, and these disruptions can be unsettling. Do your best to remember that they are designed to help us transform and move to our next level of growth. We are all being asked to stand in our truth and in our power.
- On Monday, June 25, Saturn ends its 5-month retrograde phase and begins moving forward again. During the last few months, we’ve been reviewing our values, commitments, and priorities. Over the next few weeks, many will find themselves ready to act on what was learned while Saturn was in retrograde. Saturn’s forward motion will allow us to ground our recent inspired visions, and it will provide us with the commitment and hard work to make our dreams come true. On the same day, a square (90°) between Jupiter and Neptune could bring a week’s worth of expanded consciousness and even connections with other dimensions. And then Mercury moves into Leo later in the day, which will help our minds to carry us forward with confidence and creativity.
- Finally, on Wednesday, June 27, Venus ends its 43-day backward motion and begins moving forward again. The forward motion of Venus facilitates outward expression of love, positive movement in relationships, and a fresh evaluation of our self-worth. Any relationship that survived the “cleaning out process” of Venus in retrograde will now get back on track and will support our visions and dreams. However, Venus will be moving very slowly at first, so we may need up to another month to complete some work with partners and resources.
In sum, this second consecutive New Moon in Gemini and all of these powerful planetary aspects are ushering in a time of radical change. One tool that we can use to deal with all the upcoming changes will be the Law of Attraction. By understanding how to harness its power, we can use it to create what we want. The question now is, “What do you want to create?” What you focus on is what you will create, and you have so much more control over the direction of your life than you think! Every thought, every word, and every deed matters now. This is a time when you can move your life forward very quickly. It can be a time of rapid endings and beginnings. And if you encounter any of those endings, remind yourself that an ending is usually a necessary prerequisite to any new beginning and that breakdowns often lead to the most profound breakthroughs. Until next time, “Trust the process and remember that all is well” (Louise Hay).
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
- New Moon at 29° of Gemini
- Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 8:02 a.m. PDT
- Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 11:02 a.m. EST
- Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 3:02 p.m. GMT
INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources