In the Pacific Time Zone, the New Moon will occur at 3:41 p.m. on Saturday, July 26. This New Moon finds the Moon and Sun in conjunction (0°) at 4° of Leo. To further clarify how this New Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 4° of Leo in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with that house are going to be most influenced by this New Moon’s presence.
All New Moons offer us an opportunity for a new emotional start in the sign in which the New Moon occurs. Keywords associated with Leo include self-confidence, loving, idealistic, leadership, and drama. Leo is ruled by the Sun, and we are all being nudged now to shine our light brightly. Leo is associated with creativity, but you don’t need to be an artist, musician, or writer to create. We all create. Our life is our creation. Our every thought, word, and deed creates the world that we live in. This New Moon invites us to reconnect with what lights us up, what we love, and how we want to express our love in the world through our creative process.
This New Moon is being influenced by several astronomical movements. To start things off, shortly before the New Moon (July 21-24), Mercury forms a t-square (a right triangle) by squaring (90°) Uranus and opposing (180°) Pluto. This is urging us to “Think Differently” and provides support for the changes in planetary direction and the many aspects that will be occurring over the next two weeks.
- The day before this New Moon in Leo (Friday, July 25), Mars moves out of Libra and into its home sign of Scorpio. Mars typically transits through each sign in about 6-7 weeks. Due to going retrograde while in Libra, Mars has been in Libra for almost 8 months! The Warrior Planet (Mars) hasn’t been comfortable in the sign of diplomacy and compromise (Libra). It is MUCH happier in Scorpio, so it is likely that we will feel like our energy is suddenly freed up. Having Mars in Scorpio means that we will all be setting an intense focus on what we feel passionate about (Scorpio), and Mars will provide us with the physical power that we need to “go for it.” This may, however, involve some “cutting” before we can make any major moves (e.g., cutting out any unnecessary activities/projects, critically reviewing our resources). Overall, we will have the ability now to push past obstacles and the persistence we need to pursue our goals.
- On the day of the New Moon (Saturday, July 26), both Jupiter and Mars play critical roles: (a) Jupiter is closely conjunct (0°) the Sun and the Moon and (b) Mars will be squaring (90°) all 3 planetary objects that are each located in Leo. Given the strong Leo influence, we will probably feel more self-confident, more creative, and more loving than usual. However, Mars is the planet of action and Jupiter is the planet of expansion; so both of these planets (especially when combined with the energy of the Sun and Moon) may mean that overdoing it is likely! We can reign in that tendency by focusing on creating from our heart and not from our ego. If used in this way, then Jupiter and Mars will help us increase our faith in ourselves, in life, and in our power to make a difference in the world. Do be aware, though, that your energy may exhaust those around you if you have an insatiable need for attention (one of the lower expressions of Leo’s energy). But Jupiter is also known for bringing wisdom; so when used appropriately, Jupiter will support us in choosing the higher expression of Leo’s energy (e.g., creativity, love). In fact, if we can use our wisdom to focus our energy with patience and persistence, then we may start to see progress on some long-term goals.
- On Sunday, July 27, Venus (which recently moved into Cancer) will be the planet forming a t-square (a right triangle) by squaring (90°) Uranus and opposing (180°) Pluto. If we have been flying a bit high from the effects of the New Moon and all this dramatic Leo energy, then this may be the time when reality starts to creep in. We may feel as if our fears and desires are being exposed, especially in romantic and financial situations. This will challenge us to be true to ourselves and live what we know in our heart.
- On Thursday, July 31, Mercury moves out of Cancer and into Leo, where it will remain until August 16. Although this placement can make it harder to listen and may add unnecessary drama to conversations, it can also cause our thinking and communication to be filled with self-confidence. It is likely that we are thinking about our goals now . . . and the grander the goals the better! And even those who are normally shy may become more expressive (and perhaps even persuasive).
- On the same day (Thursday, July 31), a stressful square (90°) between Venus and Uranus could result in some surprises. Sudden changes in alliances, expectations, or financial situations may shake up relationships or rattle our sense of self-worth. But if you can remember that the unpredictable energy of Uranus is only difficult if resisted, then those who can adapt to the changes presented today could discover new sources of pleasure or be presented with ways to break through impasses in relationships or finances.
- On Friday, August 1, Venus, Saturn, and Chiron will all be 120° apart from each other, forming a grand trine in water signs (an equilateral triangle). This wonderful flow of energy will likely provide us with clarity regarding our next step and promote the effective use of our intuition, particularly in issues related to healing (Chiron) that might be impeding us from taking a leadership role and/or forming the foundations (Saturn) upon which to create what we long for (Venus).
- On that same day (Friday, August 1), Mars forms an exact square (90°) to Jupiter. The lower expression of this aspect could be a tendency toward anger/aggression, excessive activity, and overblown actions. The higher expression would be to focus our fierce motivation on what we want and to make firm commitments to the tasks at hand. Increased creativity and generosity are also possible, and it could be a very productive day for those who are able to channel this powerful energy in a constructive manner.
- The next day (Saturday, August 2), a conjunction (0°) between Mercury and Jupiter could bring the risk of exaggeration. Adding insult to injury, later in the day, Mercury squares (90°) Mars, which could trigger verbal conflict, especially if the exaggeration previously mentioned can’t be supported by facts. Intense discussions are possible, but it’s important for all of us to curtail unnecessary verbal conflict and focus, instead, on using the recent Leo energy that supports communicating what is in our hearts.
- On Thursday, August 7, a magical trine (120°) between Mars and Neptune will bring a time of healing and creativity. Any recently ruffled feathers could be smoothed out now. We are being provided with a free flowing energy that can support us in intuitively exploring new interests with compassion and sensitivity. It’s a good day to do something that uses our intuition and that is preferably fun and/or inspiring.
- But the very next day (Friday, August 8), a series of major aspects will likely conclude this two-week period with increases in mental energy and verbal communication. First, Mercury will be conjoined (0°) with the Sun. Then Uranus will trine (120°) both the Sun and Mercury. Finally, Mercury will square (90°) Saturn. This provides a mixture of brilliant ideas, independent thinking, and support for speaking from the heart. However, the latter square involving Saturn could cause us to feel like the breaks have been put on our creative ideas. But if you can use Saturn’s energy to listen more attentively and to think carefully, this could lay a foundation for growth in the future. A square (90°) between the Sun and Saturn the next day (Saturday, August 9) also demands commitment and patience if we want to see results.
Overall, this New Moon in Leo is a time of pursuing what we want to create in the world. However, as is true with Leo’s energy, what we create must come from our hearts and not our egos. Questions you might want to ask yourself now include: What am I most passionate about? What have I always wanted to do? What’s holding me back? And remember, “Each of us has an inner dream that we can unfold, if we will just have the courage to admit what it is. What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us.” (Julia Cameron)
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE NEW & FULL MOON REPORTS?
If you are not already on our email list, please be sure to join Anne Reith’s Online Community so you are guaranteed to receive her New & Full Moon Reports.
THIS BLOG POST WAS WRITTEN BY
- Anne Reith, Ph.D. (www.AnneReith.com)
INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources (e.g., www.cafeastrology.com)
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
New Moon at 4° of Leo
- Saturday, July 26, 2014, 3:41 p.m. PDT
- Saturday, July 26, 2014, 6:41 p.m. EDT
- Saturday, July 26, 2014, 10:41 p.m. GMT