In the Pacific Time Zone, the New Moon will occur at 9:47 a.m. on Wednesday, November 11. This New Moon finds the Moon and Sun in conjunction (0°) at exactly 19°00’ of Scorpio. To further clarify how this New Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 19° of Scorpio in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with that house are going to be most influenced by this New Moon’s presence.
New Moons always indicate an opportunity for new beginnings and setting new intentions within the sign in which they occur. Keywords for this New Moon in Scorpio include intensity, passion, power, depth, determination, research, transformation, healing, secretiveness, and jealousy. Often Scorpio New Moons are experienced as emotionally intense, heavy, and deep. This time, however, there are a number of positive influences that will likely soften its impact.
Before explaining these influences, it may be helpful to understand that the sign of Scorpio has four different symbols associated with it (more than any other sign), and each symbol progresses from a lower expression of Scorpio’s energy to a higher expression:
- Scorpion: This represents the lower expression of a solitary creature that enjoys the darkness/depths and also loves stinging and defending itself
- Phoenix: This represents the aspect of Scorpio that involves death, transformation, and rebirth into a new form that comes out of the ashes of our ego’s desires
- Eagle: This represents the higher expression of Scorpio’s ability to rise above deep emotional issues and to have control over its desires
- Dove: This highest level of Scorpio’s energy is the ability to surrender to the Divine, to soar above everything with inner peace, and to bring healing to others
Remember, free will is paramount with astrology, and we can each choose to express the lower or higher expression of any sign or planet. And given the following influences, some of us may be able to achieve the levels of the eagle or dove during the time of this New Moon.
Some of those supportive aspects and planetary placements impacting this Scorpio New Moon include the following:
- The influence of Libra: Venus is already traveling through the sign of Libra, and the day after the New Moon (Thursday, November 12), Mars follows suit and will remain in Libra until January 4, 2016. With all this Libra energy, most of us will not feel the usual inclination of a scorpion to go underground. Instead, we will want to be out in the fresh air being socially active and outgoing. Additionally, rather than being on the defensive, we will want to seek diplomatic and peaceful resolutions to any conflicts.
- The Moon is conjunct (0°) Mercury: This means that we may experience this New Moon as mentally intense. However, it also supports us in deep introspection that could lead to wisdom, healing, and/or transformation. We may realize that we need to transform our thought patterns. It will help to look at what is really true for us, what might need to be said, and/or what might we need to hear.
- Chiron is trine (120°) Mercury and the New Moon: This positive flow of healing energy can help us think with our hearts, trust our inner knowingness, and be transformed through deep self-acceptance. At this time, it is likely that honest communication will be part of our healing process, and we could be able to talk about normally taboo topics and perhaps even reach closure. However, this healing process may be catalyzed by a flash of insight that could shake us up. We are in the process of discovering who we really are and sometimes that requires looking at what is “broken” so it can be fixed.
- The Moon is sextile (60°) Jupiter: This can provide us with many emotional benefits, but only if we pay attention to whatever this deep Scorpio introspection is showing us. Legal and real estate issues could proceed smoothly, or we may stumble upon opportunities to expand our horizons in some way. Although the impact of this aspect on the New Moon will be relatively brief, it could indicate new business opportunities or some form of recognition. But keep in mind that sometimes a loss is necessary in order to achieve a gain; so be ready to let go of what is no longer needed.
In addition to all of this, the day of the New Moon (Wednesday, November 11) marks a shift in karmic energy. The North and South Nodes leave the Aries/Libra axis and shift into the Virgo/Pisces axis, where they will remain until May 2017. Although it may take a few weeks to manifest, the shift of the North Node into Virgo means that we will likely be asked to become a “master apprentice” in at least one area of our life. We need to hone our skills, develop humility, and explore how we can better serve others. With the South Node entering Pisces, we are being supported in learning how to let go of the shadow side of Piscean energy: escapism, idealism, and feelings of helplessness, codependency, or victimization. The lesson of the Virgo/Pisces axis is that we may feel, at times, like a drop of water in a vast ocean, but we all do matter because there wouldn’t be an ocean without each of us doing our part!
On Friday, November 13, Venus forms a sweet sextile (60°) to Saturn. We will take a serious and responsible approach to matters of love, finances, and anything we desire. Our goal now should be on the long-haul, not the short-term. It’s likely a new sense of realism will enter our lives. That same day, Venus will sextile (60°) Jupiter, which will likely feel like a renewed sense of quiet optimism. We will feel cooperative and considerate of others, and we may feel more open and trusting within our relationships. It’s a good day to enjoy life’s simple pleasures.
Tuesday, November 17, sees the Sun making an exact conjunction (0°) with Mercury. The light provided by the Sun may help us to see the path ahead more clearly than we have up until now. In fact, this could be a “lightbulb moment” for some of us. Our thinking is sharp, and our communication is open. What we want is aligned with our thoughts, and we tend to be “an open book.” It’s a good time for problem solving, and we can adapt more easily now than usual. But do keep in mind that what we say and what we write does have an impact. We will all be rather self-absorbed today, so we need to be careful not to say or write something that we will later regret.
Neptune ends its annual retrograde phase and begins moving direct again on Wednesday, November 18. This is a subtle and slow-acting shift in energy. It will be easier now to embrace the unknown and let go of any limiting illusions. We may have felt like we were stuck on a shore looking out at the expansive ocean. Gradually, we are now ready to wade out into the water and begin the next leg on our spiritual journey.
On Friday, November 20, Venus squares (90°) Pluto. This could be a difficult day. This aspect could reveal financial and relationship issue that haven’t been fully recognized until now. We may become aware of manipulation or underhanded dealings. Passions could be running high today, and feelings of possessiveness and jealousy are possible, as well as power games. At this time, we need to do our best to remember that these reactions (in ourselves or others) are simply the fear of losing something that is important to us. Use the energy of Venus and Mars in Libra to find balance and seek diplomatic resolution to any conflicts.
Finally, on Friday, November 20 and Sunday, November 22, Mercury and Sun move out of Scorpio and into Sagittarius, respectively. After all the introspective Scorpio energy, we will be ready to move forward and set new goals based on what we have learned. We also will want to find meaning to last month’s emotional intensity. Overall, life will feel lighter. We may feel drawn to travel, study, teach, or learn new things, and these activities will likely challenge our long-standing beliefs and encourage us to think differently. We will be thinking big . . . so big that we do need to be careful not to over-promise or miss important details.
Overall, this New Moon in Scorpio is encouraging us to uncover deep emotional patterns and perspectives and then to share these with others (or with ourselves through journaling). We need to be courageous in our inner exploration because the rewards could be great if we do the deep, transformational work that is possible now. Everything in life has a beginning and an ending and the energy of Scorpio is asking, “What is ready to die in our lives? Are we clinging to the old? What is calling us that is new?” We need to shed any old skins in order to grow. We need to do our best to choose to be the eagle or dove and soar above whatever is happening and share uplifting information with others that can lead to healing. Scorpio encourages us all to remember that, “There is no death, only transformation” (Stephanie Austin).
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE NEW & FULL MOON REPORTS?
If you are not already on our email list, please be sure to join Anne Reith’s Online Community so you are guaranteed to receive her New & Full Moon Reports.
THIS BLOG POST WAS WRITTEN BY
- Anne Reith, Ph.D. (AnneReith.com)
- For information about Dr. Reith’s downloadable ebooks and meditations, feel free to visit her online Store
SOME INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources (e.g., www.cafeastrology.com)
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
New Moon at 19°00’ of Scorpio
- Wednesday, November 11, 9:47 a.m. PST
- Wednesday, November 11, 12:47 p.m. EST
- Wednesday, November 11, 5:47 p.m. GMT